Sometimes you have to just kick your shoes off, take a deep breath and feel the grass growing under your feet.
Here at Babylonstoren the grass is indeed greener on the other side…
We wondered through their garden (this place is huge) and found this patch of ‘chamomile lawn’.
Things to do at Babylonstoren Estate
- Restaurant – there are FOUR (yes 4!) restaurant options on the farm.
- Garden Walks – they have a large garden with indigenou flora of all kinds. It’s worth a visit just for this and bring a book on a sunny day as there are garden benches where you can park off and disappear into your book.
- Accommodation – you can stay over in the Farm Hotel if you want to make a weekend out of it.
- Spa – they have a beautiful spa and pool sectioned off with bamboo for privacy so that you can relax in style (with a glass of champagne of course!)
- You can visit the wine cellar and tasting room to buy some of their exquisite wines.
- You can book a function at one of their three venues (weddings, conferences, birthday/family event etc).
- Workshops – this is pretty amazing. Learn anything from gardening, or making cheese to baking farm bread.
This wine estate is a must-visit and it’s a must RE-visit!
For more information, browse to www.babylonstoren.com.