Holiday accommodation in Garden Route
Getaways to Garden Route
About the Garden Route
The garden route is an area that stretches from Mossel Bay to the Eastern Cape border of the Western Cape.
The Garden Route follows the N2 highway and is a world renowned tourist attraction due to its eclectic mix of towns adjourning the Indian Ocean, each with their own unique attractions.
Towns in the Garden Route
- Mossel Bay (great surfing!)
- Hartenbos (holiday town)
- Herolds Bay (small coastal town)
- George (airport, close to Harold’s Bay)
- Victoria Bay (great camp site overlooking the surf, book in advance!)
- Wilderness (beautiful long white sandy beaches to go for walks!)
- Sedgefield (look out for the Saturday morning market!)
- Knysna (find the Knysna Loerie!)
- Plettenberg Bay (lovely coastal holiday town)
- Nature’s Valley (forest getaways along the coast, great hiking)
Best time to visit
The Garden Route has a very mild climate (ranging between 20-30 degrees celcius) most of the year. Late June/early July is usually a hive of activity with the Oyster Festival (cycle races, fun runs and don’t forget the oysters!). You’d want to book at least 6 months in advance to get close to the action.
Still not sure?
View all accommodation in the Western Cape, or use our website chat function to leave a private message.