Due to Infections declining, it was confirmed that South Africa has moved back to Lockdown Level 1 restrictions and these are the changes:
- The curfew is from 00h00 – 04h00.
- Indoor gatherings may not exceed 50% of venue capacity with a maximum of 100 people in attendance.
- Outdoor gatherings may not exceed 50% of venue capacity up to a maximum of 250 people.
- Health Protocols should be strictly observed at gatherings. Always maintain a distance of 1.5 metres between people.
- Alcohol sales will resume to normal trading hours, but may not be sold during the curfew.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory and will be considered an offence if not strictly adhered to.
- The 33 land border posts that have been closed throughout this period will remain closed, while the other 20 will remain open.
- Only five airports will be open for international travel with standard infection control measures. This includes Cape Town International Airport.